Thursday, October 25, 2012

Our Stranger Meaning

Having new experiences that I can connect with is something that creates meaning in my life. Every time I do something I've never done before, it comes with a rush, some new high. I love the way how going someplace new, eating something different, or learning something interesting stimulates my mind in a way that throws it off balance. Having the lack of familiarity upset by the attainment of it is the best feeling. These outside experiences, in turn, create an inner experience that mold new little parts of who I am and who I become. Yes, I know that life is pointless because I will eventually die and all of the events in my life will eventually matter to no one. But, I'm the type of person that wants to live forever. I am so small compared to this country, this earth, this universe. I feel like there are so many things to experience out there. I was born to live life, so why not lead it in a way that will make me happy?

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you in that I love new experiences like going places, new foods, etc. I agree that these things are a crucial part of making us who we are, and that in the end only good can come out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make a good point on death.
    To me, I actually ponder the thought of being able to live forever because I'm afraid of dying.
    Yes, yes I am afraid of dying. Even though if you die in your slep, you won't even realize it or feel it...but just thinking about it now is kind of saddening. All the stuff you knew will be gone, all the people you knew.

    Depending on which religion has an afterlife that is true -- if there is one...

    But does dying make your life meaningless?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Living forever seems like a drag. You watch the world you knew just keep changing, the loves ones die as you continue on, and seems like there is a finite number of things to do, which makes it silly to continue on living after it is all done.

    ReplyDelete